READ : 2 Corinthians 8:3-5
The Discipleship Journal once challenged its readers to begin covenanting with others to help them in their walk with the Lord. I created the following covenant to help clarify mentoring relationships and keep them focused.
- I will recognize that you have worth because you are created in the image of God (Genesis 1:26, 27).
- I will accept you as a fellow Christian (Philemon 10-12, 16; 2 Corinthians 5:17).
- I will pray for you (1 Samuel 12:23) in accordance with Ephesians 3:13-19.
- I will have the same Christ-like love for you that I have for all brothers and sisters in Christ (1 John 3:16-18; 4:7-8).
- I will encourage you and seek to help you be strong in the Lord (Luke 22:32; 1 Thessalonians 5:14; 2 Timothy 2:24-26).
- I will be an example before you (1 Timothy 4:12).
- I will not use you or try to turn our Christian fellowship into a self-seeking relationship (1 Thessalonians 4:3-8; Hebrews 13:1; Galatians 5:13).
- I will be honest with you at all times (Ephesians 4:25,29).
In accordance with your Word, Lord, I first commit myself to you, then to others by your will. Amen.